Sunday, November 19, 2006

University of Chicago

I still call Chicago home. I've been in Alexandria for 11 years now and I love it, but it will never be home. I'm often asked if I would consider moving back. And I would, but then it gets cold again, and that makes me remember how much I love living here during the wintertime.

Walking across the Quad at the University of Chicago, or worse, across the Midway, was enough to make me realize that I can never go home again. I have family back in Chicago-- but I could happily wait til spring to see them (love you Michael!)

Instead, I will venture back to the University of Chicago, my alma mater, to a board meeting in January where it is certain to be snowing with windchills that will make me cry. I am new to the Alumni Board of Governors-- it's a steering organization of 25 from across the university. I am an alumna of the College, though others represent Law, Medicine, Graduate School of Business and more. It's been a privilege to serve and I'm in constant awe of the quality of the people who sit on the board. http://www.alumni.uchicago.edu/bog.html


So if you're a Chicago alum-- just look me up! Would love to hear about your thoughts on the school.

No comments: